Pens....


Life is Beautiful

Life is beautiful

The peace, the quiet,

the sounds of nature around me now

Are reminders of who we are

What we are

where we came from

And where we all, will go

 

Look, feel, and cherish

The harmony, understanding

blending of differences

working together

to weave a warm haven


Why do we complicate it all?

 

Why not stretch out a hand

Why not love instead

Why not understand?

It is that simple

It really is


I smile and know

Life should be full of love

and will continue to love.

and enjoy the precious gifts

of nature around me

Life is beautiful,

It really is!!

Comments

  1. A friend of mine called to tell me about a death in her family. It was a too-young, too-healthy, completely-unexpected kind of death. I need to share your poem with her for I feel it will be the balm her soul needs right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! I hope it helps her heal in some way. Life comes with so many ups and downs and supporting each other is key to our healing

      Delete
  2. Life really is beautiful when we don't complicate it. Thank you for this beautiful reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being in nature truly offers "reminders of who we are" - I love how you phrased that...and, "Why not love instead?" - so true and yes indeed, so simple. Beautiful poem and picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Maureen. I do enjoy this free style of writing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Out of writer's block comes, Fireflies

Eating a Mango: My Way!

Missing Everyone, Everything.....