Rich Tea Biscuits, Made My Day

I found Rich Tea biscuits whilst out shopping today

I picked it up and read the label

It was clear,  McVities Rich Tea Biscuits

Is this for real?

I could taste the crunchy, sweet bits in my mouth

What it would be like with a cup of tea or better still

Coffee for me

I began to load my basket

I took two, then three, then made it six packs

And that's when I remembered

You are on a diet

Oh, oh, that diet that I've been on since....

High school, College, Through motherhood, Till now?

The one that I can never stick to?

You must know what's coming....

I continued shopping with my stash of biscuits

Who wants to be on a diet?

Forget it

My biscuits matter more!

Comments

  1. This made me smile, as the dieting regime is very familiar... until you meet your comfort food. "I continued shopping with my stash of biscuits

    Who wants to be on a diet?

    Forget it

    My biscuits matter more!"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Eating a Mango: My Way!

Out of writer's block comes, Fireflies

Pens....