Garden Space



I went to a Flower show over the weekend and came home laden with plastic bags full of plants. I am a plant lover and couldn't resist even though I don't have the garden space for them.  Living high up on an apartment block with no balcony, I wondered where I would put them.  But I kept telling myself, "Where there is a will, there's a way! I will make the space", and kept filling my bags.  I got orchids, aloe vera, a money plant, different creepers, and a rubber plant, but my favorite purchase was three tiny pots of herbs - rosemary, sweet basil, and mint. I bought them just with the idea that I would start cooking up exotic dishes using herbs from my own garden.  

Setting up my new garden was a rewarding task, and I felt good once I had found a home for each plant. I found a space along my large window for all the ones that needed a bit of sunlight and then cleared a shelf in my living room to house the more hardy plants.  I thought of placing my herbs in the kitchen but ended up leaving them along the window to make sure they got enough sunlight.  I do like the look of my new garden space!

And my herbs are already in use. Today, I made myself a mug of freshly brewed homemade tea laced with slices of lemon and sprigs of mint! Mint from my own garden! 


Comments

  1. Delightful! I'm tackling some re-potting next week as several have outgrown their spaces. If you live in St. Louis, I can give you some more plants! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I did, Tracy. I am all the way in Hong Kong. Maybe we canshare tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you Tracy. I love bringing home plants. Your herbs look wonderful. I've grown mint outside and it really takes over and grows and grows. I also plant basil and rosemary outside. Enjoy your indoor garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had outdoor space too. I will be adking for tips from you all. Thanks

      Delete
  4. I planted my seeds for the future today!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Eating a Mango: My Way!

Out of writer's block comes, Fireflies

Pens....