I Still Think I Can Dance

I Still Think I Can Dance

In my mind

I am

Coordinated and up-to-date

Hands raised, hips twirling,

Rocking rhythmically to any beat

I can see myself 

Descend slowly

Showing how agile I am

I picture heads turning 

When I step on the dance floor

I really thought I had great dance moves

But again today….

With my favorite song blaring

I walk to the dance floor

And…..

Had to check if my feet were tied together

Why my arms were moving in the wrong direction

Why my waist was moving only in my mind

Why I was totally out of synch 

And why oh why, was I

Unable to descend

Without my knees screaming out in pain


I just had to laugh

This is old age

I tell myself

But it's okay

In my mind, I am still a great dancer

And that is fine by me!


Comments

  1. Dance no matter what comes out! I know I will, even as my body continues to fail me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! Dancing is so much fun and always livens the mood

      Delete
  2. Same here! Dancing is so much fun and always livens the mood

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Eating a Mango: My Way!

Out of writer's block comes, Fireflies

Pens....