No Writing Ideas Today


What shall I write about today?

No idea comes to mind.

My fish stew is simmering on the stove

Flavors fill the kitchen

Shall I write about that?

I just started a painting 

Guided by numbers and a palette of colors.

Shall I write about that?

I also spilled a whole jar full of spaghetti sauce

All over my kitchen rug

As I gazed at the saucy mess, I asked myself,

"Do I really have to bend over

And clean put this red tomato-ey mess?"

Shall I write about that?

In the end, I found my way 

To the refrigerator

Took out my cold unfinished cup of coffee 

from this morning

I sat in my chair!

I did write, didn't I?


Comments

  1. You did! Like our students, you are writing your mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect; and I like how you question, and then spend time just looking around and responding to what your senses tell you. It makes a great moment of time feel when I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grace, it is good to meet you. I have been writing with the Two Writing Teachers for 10 years. I read your teaser in prose that read on to see it changed to verse. Your details were very interesting and I liked how you calmly took our your coffee and sipped. The next time I am perplexed with my messes, I should step back and sip my tea. Have fun writing. Since I just missed Day 14, I am no ready for Day 15.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Eating a Mango: My Way!

Out of writer's block comes, Fireflies

Finding the Lovely